Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grumpy "Old" Men

Sometimes when I listen to the verbal exchanges of Henry and Max I can't help myself but smile. They remind me of "Grumpy Old Men". They love to gripe about each other, but are still best friends and deeply care about the other person. 

This morning I woke up Henry and Max as usual, asked them to pick out their shirts to wear to school and sent them to the bathroom. Henry went in first. 

When Maxi walked in, Henry had used some toilet paper and unrolled some of it, so it was still hanging all the way to the ground. Maxi always gets mad, because he feels that he has to roll it all the way back up. OCD like his Dady, I know. Anyways, this is the conversation that ensued.

Max: Why do you always have to do that, Henry?

Henry: Cause I can't reach all the way!

Max: Why don't you just stand up?

Henry: Cause I don't like to.

Max: You could just stand up a little!

Henry: But I don't want to.

Max: You live in Henryland!

Henry: Cause I'm in charge!

Max: No you're not!

Henry: Yes I am!

Max: No you're not!

.......

9 comments:

  1. I am still laughing. I love it. I wonder if they will still gripe when the Savior comes again and they get their pet lion. I guess they had a lesson about the millennium while I was there and they had more than one conversation about their pet lion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hysterical - i love the comment about Henryland! too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! There is always such a special bond between twins. I am on facebook - I will have to look you guys up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny! There is such a special bond between twins. I am on facebook too - I will have to look you guys up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I have a big smile on my face!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, Ha, Ha...The are SOOO funny! Kids at this age in general are funny. I can't even imagine some of things you guys hear from the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't help that they are both brilliant and trying to out-smart each other!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should write a movie based on those two! I would see it. So funny!

    ReplyDelete