I had the bright idea to let them decorate their own cakes this year. Anyone who knows my sons, will be able to tell who decorated which cake. The cakes are a testament to their personalities. Max said his was Santa Claus and Henry said his is a spy lab. He knew exactly were he wanted each jelly bean, marshmallow, sour gummy worm, M&M, and sugar sprinkle. I loved it so much, I'm thinking of making this a tradition.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Four birthdays in December
December has turned a big celebration the last few years. Herb turned the big 4.0 this year and since he does not like to make a big deal out of his birthday, we decided to skip town. We went on a Carnival cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We went to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We loved it, the water and scenery was beautiful. It is always a treat to go with Herb and not worry about a thing. There was no cooking or cleaning and no children. Thanks again, Aunt Maryann for taking a week to watch our kids for a second time.
We came home and Alex's birthday was the next day. He wanted a yellow cake because he loves Bumblebee, the transformer (a girl during Halloween painted an actual bee on his cheek!). He turned 3 and if you ask him, he insists that he is still 2. He is trying to stop time I guess, but definitely do not call him a baby. He will punch first, then tell you he is a "little boy".
We came home from a trip to Disney World on Henry and Max's birthday. We previously told them they were getting bikes and they would get to pick them out. We had not gone bike shopping, but the boys wanted presents. I went to the stash in our closet and picked out two puzzles (they were glow in the dark!). I could tell from Henry, Max and Herb's faces that that was not the best choice. Herb had disgust on his face and went to get them different presents. They were excited about their Optimus Prime (another transformer) and a Superman toy. We told them earlier that we would celebrate their birthday the next day because of the drive. The next morning, Henry runs into my room and says,"Mommy, I'm ready for my present". How does this happen? He was not happy when I explained he had to wait for his bike. This is after the fact that both boys have told me they do not want bikes. I, of course, think I know best and so they are getting bikes. I know they will love them!
I had the bright idea to let them decorate their own cakes this year. Anyone who knows my sons, will be able to tell who decorated which cake. The cakes are a testament to their personalities. Max said his was Santa Claus and Henry said his is a spy lab. He knew exactly were he wanted each jelly bean, marshmallow, sour gummy worm, M&M, and sugar sprinkle. I loved it so much, I'm thinking of making this a tradition.
I had the bright idea to let them decorate their own cakes this year. Anyone who knows my sons, will be able to tell who decorated which cake. The cakes are a testament to their personalities. Max said his was Santa Claus and Henry said his is a spy lab. He knew exactly were he wanted each jelly bean, marshmallow, sour gummy worm, M&M, and sugar sprinkle. I loved it so much, I'm thinking of making this a tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the cake idea. Our big birthday month is June so we'll have to wait a bit before decorating our own cakes.
ReplyDeleteWow! You guys have been busy!
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys and hope you had great Christmas and HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAhh, enjoyed this new blog entry !!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think the cake tradition is a REALLY great idea !!!
YEAH! Finally another post. Glad you guys had such a wonderful month...sure have missed the posts :0)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you posting again...we've missed you guys. Happy Birthday "boys!" Hope you had a great time at Disney!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time. Glad you had fun on your cruise. I think every birthday should be celebrated on a ship in the warm sun. Sounds like a busy month with lots of birthdays and traveling, my kind of life. I like the cake idea I should have thought of that a long time ago. You are so smart Elizabeth.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great trip! Good way to celebrate the big 40. Herb I can't believe you are 40. You don't look a day over 27. Ok maybe 29 or 30.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet. I love it. What a busy but fun month.
ReplyDelete