Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Treasure Hunters: Entry 2

Well Ruth, being sneaky seems to run in the family.

Thinking about what to post I remembered a story about another sneaky little boy: Herb ! ;-)

We were kids back then, I don’t remember the age, and were shopping with our mother. We were at Seebauer, a garden center and when Mom was gone to check on something, Herb told me to touch a cactus with my whole hand assuring me it would be o.k.

Well, the innocent little girl I was back then - LOL - I of course trusted my big brother… What can I say: OUCH !!

So guys, take a wild guess why Alex is such a sneaky little boy… ;-)

And now Herb has asked me to write my first blog entry ever. I just hope that this time I can trus… OUCH, man, the pain is starting already…

And now everybody: what did your siblings do to “traumatize” you like that ?



Nun, Ruth, raffiniert zu sein scheint in der Familie zu liegen.

Als ich nachdachte, was ich schreiben soll, erinnerte ich mich an eine Geschichte über einen anderen heimtückischen kleinen Jungen: Herb ! ;-)

Wir waren damals noch Kindern, das Alter weiss ich nicht mehr, und waren mit unserer Mutter einkaufen. Wir gingen zu Seebauer, einem Gartencenter, und als Mom sich etwas anschaute, meinte Herb zu mir, ich solle mit meiner ganzen Hand einen Kaktus anfassen, das wäre schon voll o.k. Nun, das unschuldige kleine Mädchen, das ich damals war - HAHAHA - vertraute ich natürlich meinen grossen Bruder... Was soll ich sagen: AUA !!

Nun, Leute, ratet mal warum Alex so ein kleiner Frechdachs ist... ;-)

Und nun bat Herb mich meinen allerersten Blogeintrag zu schreiben. Ich hoffe nur, dass ich ihm diesmal trau... AUA, Mann, die Schmerzen fangen schon an...

Und nun, Leute, was haben Eure Geschwister getan um Euch derart zu „traumatisieren“ ?

15 comments:

  1. Can you tell it's my first blog for I have forgotten to enter a title !? ;-)

    Either that's the reason or that I was watching our German Eurocup soccer game while writing the post... Who says women can do two things at a time ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember one time I was taking a nap and I got rudely woken up by my siblings trying to scare me. Joseph had powder and ketchup all over his face and he was screaming. Then he tried to climb out my window. Along came Ruth and Diane, same stuff on their faces, and they had an actual knife. They were supposed to be trying to kill Joseph. I guess they were bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, you know that was a good one. BYW, only Joseph had his face made up.
    As far as me, I have a blanket that I took from Maryann when I was little. (Cruel, I know, but I was a kid. I don't think she wants it back now, nor am I offering :) It has special healing powers and cools my face at night when I sleep. When I was growing up my siblings use to hide it from me, threaten to cut it up or even burn it. There was constant torture. I find it funny that some of their children now have special blankets or pieces of blankets. I don't think they threaten to cut or burn them. Power to the blankie :)
    Sabine, now that you have made your first post, I think you should start your own blog so we can all keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. die KLEINEN haben es schon nicht EINFACH.
    Meine Geschwister haben mich immer als Versuchsperson benutzt um zu sehen ob Strom auf dem elektischen Zaun ist oder nicht :-(

    *AUTSCH*

    Allerdings hat der Trick nicht oft finktioniert :-)

    Aber zum GLÜCK ist jeder mal in der Position des ERFAHREREN.

    Gruß
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! Why do I NOT have a problem imagening THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also mal gucken was mir da so einfällt. Meine Geschwister waren immer so lieb zu mir da kann ich gar nix böses sagen :) . Nur das meine Schwester so lange auf meinem Rücken rumgesprungen ist, bis ich ihr den Zimmerschlüssel gegeben hab und meine Brüder ja das würde Jahre dauer dass alles aufzuzählen. Einmal haben sie mich im Herbst in die dreckige Isar geworfen- habs aberüberlebt :)
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ich will auch irgendwann mal kinder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup - sneaky - I can see that, too ;)

    Me, I was just a capitalist when I was a kid: I used to buy a pack of gum and sell the pieces to my siblings for 25 cents a piece - well, I _did_ expend energy and time to get that pack of gum back home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bei uns war ich ja die Big Sister und habe meine Schwester verhauen weil sie in ihrer kindlichen Phantasie gelogen und ich dadurch Ärger bekommen hatte. Dann hat sie mich wieder verpetzt, weil ich sie verhauen habe und ich habe sie wieder verhauen weil sei gepetzt hat usw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ich habe keine Geschwister...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the 9th of 10 children and being on the younger end it is easy to slide in between the cracks and get lost. Well, one day we were on a family outing at the park My brother was trying to get my attention because we were on our way home. I didn't want to leave so I stayed where I was hoping that he'd come and find me. A few minutes had passed and I realized that my entire family had left me, ALONE! I was only 4 or 5 years old stranded at a park and nearly kidnapped by a bald man in army fatigues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My older brother asked me if he could show me what a Judo throw is.. I didn't know he was going to throw me over his shoulder onto the ground!

    And once three of my older brothers told me that I had slept for a month! How could I know differently with them all telling stories about how they'd tried to wake me up unsuccessfully?!

    Siblings are great.

    Katherine C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ich kann mich nicht erinnern, dass meine Geschwister sneaky zu mir gewesen wären. Aber ich weiß, dass mein Vater seiner Schwester immer erzählt hat, sie sei ein Findelkind, er hätte sie im Feld gefunden und mit nach Hause genommen. Tja, Geschwisterliebe ist besonders :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Als Älteste war ich wohl immer in der Position allen zu sagen, was sie tun sollen ;)- behaupten zumindest meine kleinen Schwestern ---Ich bin natürlich völlig anderer Meinung--- früh übt sich - man muß sehen wie die Arbeit getan wird *g*

    Aber, mein großer Cousin hat immer seinen eigenen Regeln beim Monopoly spielen erfunden - natürlich um selbst zu gewinnen!!! Und wir die kleinen, treuen Cousinchen haben ihm immer alles geglaubt... soviel zu echter Familienliebe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi nice blog! but is it DER Blog, DIE Blog, or DAS Blog?

    ReplyDelete