Thursday, June 12, 2008

Treasure Hunters: Entry 1

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled blogging for the most recent episode of Ruth's Wanderings.

Go ahead...Give it a try...it is D-licious :)

This is how you make those super yummy, super easy, super Pretty Parfaits:

1. Make 1 box of white cake mix. Stir in pink/red food coloring and bake as directed. Cool.
2. Using the rim of one of your tall, clear glasses, cut circles in the cake.
3. Layer:
cake
thawed frozen raspberries (1-2 bags)
raspberry sherbet
vanilla ice cream
4. Repeat layers twice.
5. Top with whipped cream and red sprinkles.
This makes, probably, 6-8 tall parfaits.

Now that you have watched the video and made your very own parfait, I want you to watch the video again. This time just watch Alex. I know it will be hard since there are so many other cute things happening, but it will be worth it. He is a sneaky one!


This is another example of how sneaky he it. A room full of people on Easter and he manages to sneak a sip from MY cup. Well he didn't go completely undetected, his Aunt Maryann thought it was very funny. WILL SOMEBODY GET THAT BOY HIS OWN CUP!
The first episode of Ruth's Wanderings was such a hit that the Roggermeier children asked to star in the second episode. I hope you enjoyed it. It took me months and cost me a few dollars, but I finally figured out how to get it the right size to post.
I am now looking for ideas for Episode III, any ideas? It is not just a cooking show, it can be anything. Watch out Paula and Rachael, here I come!

10 comments:

  1. If Sabine is looking for ideas, I think she should be like Max with Henry and tell all of Herb's secrets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Maybe Ruth could "wander" somewhere...give us a tour of something or interview someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilarious. I especially love the Southern accent and I did watch Alex the second time. He is a sneak. Your next video could be exploring the noises in your house late at night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Paula Dean would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way too cute. I totally see a weekly show in this. How to do a simple craft (for Fourth of July maybe), or how to make homemade popsicles. They are all too cute together; and Alex is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should make a movie with newest member of the family

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little boy was drinking my aunt's cup. -brandon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are hilarious! I loved all your updates!!! Especially your missionaries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I consider myself an ice cream connaisseur and I am excited to get home and try this delicious treat! For the next episode I'd like to see some helpful travel tips or travel ideas. I know you have some experience there!
    Korilyn Pierce

    ReplyDelete