Wednesday, April 02, 2008

To keep you laughing

Haven't had much time for blogging lately, so here are two posts by Aunt Ruth about our silly kids to keep you entertained in the meantime! Here are some of my favorites:
Maryann: "Max, how old do you think Aunt Ruth is?"
Max: "Uh, eighteen?"
Me: "How old is Aunt Maryann?"
Max: "Uh, fourteen and a half."
Me: "You think I am older than her?"
Max: "Are you ten?"
...When Alex requested another call to his mommy later on, Maryann told him he already talked with his mommy to which he smiled big and said, "Call Daddy!"
They spent the weekend at Aunt Ruth and Maryann's house and had a blast. Just between you and me, I didn't miss them nearly as much as Elizabeth did, but I'm still glad we got them back!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe we should have held them for ransom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you and Elizabeth go? Sounds like the kids had just as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ruth: You couldn't have paid me enough to take them back!!! j/k

    @kat: We went to the Temple, to McCormick Schmick afterwards (disappointing for dinner, although we love the place for lunch), went home and then grocery shopping. Finished the evening with snacks and watching episodes of "Little People, Big World". I know, I know, we're old farts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the posts were hysterical, and yes, you're right, ruth, my kids have absolutely no idea what a shoehorn is. but somehow it doesn't surprise me that elizabeth's kids know.

    glad you enjoyed you're hot date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! An evening at home alone. I can't even imagine!
    I'm guessing Ruth is a single family member who lives near by. How great is that!!! Can we hire her????? I'm kidding, kind of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jetzt würd ich mich wirklich über ne neue Story freuen, guck doch jeden Tag was es neues gibt !! ;-}

    Liebe Grüße aus der Heimat,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete