Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Eggs and Aliens

The boys had an Easter egg hunt last Thursday with their playgroup. They absolutely loved it because each plastic egg had a piece of candy in it.

On Saturday some of my family got together at Uncle Ben and Aunt Diane's house for another Easter egg hunt. The kids were supposed to collect as many eggs and the one with the most would be declared the Easter Egg Winner. We noticed Henry was picking up eggs, opening them and throwing them back on the ground. When Herb asked him why he didn't put them in his basket, he said "But they are all broken!" He was quite disappointed that the eggs had no candy inside, instead Aunt Diane had a decorated candy bag for each child. Once he realized he was still going to get candy, his eyes lit up and he had a big smile!

Today being a little cold, I thought it would be fun to have an Easter Egg hunt in the house. Once again Henry was severely disappointed. Using his "angry eyes", he asked me just why there was no candy in his eggs! Needless to say, when I suggested one more hunt, he declined...

He did ask me later how the Easter Bunny was able to bring his Buzz Lightyear cell phone to him for Easter. I guess the Easter Bunny bringing Candy just makes a lot more sense to him than a plastic cell phone.

After the egg hunt Max asked me to play a game with him. I told him that I needed to start cleaning the bathrooms today and he would have to wait. He asked why, I explained that we had chores or something to do each day this week and tomorrow we would have guests over for lunch. He asked who was coming over for lunch. I told him I didn't exactly know but that one of the ladies was from Germany like his Daddy and Tante Sabine.

Max turned to his brother and said, "Henry, did you know Daddy is actually from Germany, he's not from this world?"

Henry said, "I know that, DUHH!!"

Maybe I should stop telling them Herb is not a citizen but that he really is an "alien"!

7 comments:

  1. That's cracking me up! Herb the alien! That will really give the boys something to talk about. My boys wouldn't like eggs without candy, either. I can't say that I disagree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Ha, Ha...Herb being an alien would explain a lot :c). Just kidding, Herb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post- I used to be an alien too! ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info Herb- I got ahold of Kevin :) What a funny post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herb - don't give her any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! The "Internet Nazis" (can I safely say that to my German friends???) at my office have finally unblocked Blogspot so now I can keep up with my friends and family while getting PAID to do it! Yes, I'm probably not the most productive employee they've ever had but I got tired of complaining about being bored and decided to roll with it. Anyway, I love the blog, Herb! And that picture of Sophie (I'm assuming it is Sophie!) at the beach is adorable! She will grow up to be a model I'm sure of it. Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovin all the kids' quote. whooa, herb, you must be some impressive dad for them to think you're out of this world!

    ReplyDelete