Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tumbly-Bumbly all the way down!

Late last night Elizabeth, Sophie and I were watching House Hunters together. The boys had all been in bed for about an hour or so. We heard one of them coming out of their bedroom. I immediately got up, thinking they would need help going to the bathroom. I step out of our bedroom and hear a noise, turn on the light, just in time to see Max tumbling down the stairs all the way to the bottom!

It scared the dickens out of me! I ran down, Sophie and Elizabeth close behind me. I grabbed Max, held him in my arms while he was crying and ran my hands over his body to see if I felt any bones sticking out. I don't even think he realized he had fallen down the stairs, he was still half asleep! No blood, no immediate big bruises, just tears! What a lucky boy.

We put him back to bed, after giving him some Tylenol, but he got up a few more times, crying about his shoulder. Sophie was very upset, with big crocodile tears she asked if she could tell him good night. This morning she told us she was going to feel really bad if he would have died, since she is so mean to him sometimes. Made us feel kinda good that she loves him so much, even when it seems that the teasing back and forth just never ends.

Long story short, after a visit to the Dr, X-Rays taken and seeing the Orthopedic, we found out he has a broken collar bone. Since he is so little there is not much they can do. We bought a sling for him and were told within a week or two he'd feel much better. For now he enjoys the attention and getting to skip his swimming lessons, but I'm sure he'll quickly realize that a broken bone during the summer is really a big bummer!

2 comments:

  1. ouch! what a relief he is okay but that collar bone has to hurt for sure! I can only imagine how scary it was for you to see your little boy falling down the stairs - good thing kids are so resilient! loved your use of "scaring the dickens" - very good for a brand new American! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor guy!! that is touching with sopie. glad he's ok. one of our kids took a tumble down the stairs (onto the wood floors) when she was a baby. it was one of those i thought she was with pat and he thought she was with me. i just heard it and that was awful enough. glad he's gonna be ok.

    ReplyDelete