Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas with Tante Sabine

Tante Sabine, Herb's sister, came to visit us again this year and spend the Christmas holiday with us. The children loved having her here to play and read with them, each morning they would ask several times when they could go and wake her up. I tried to hold them off as long as possible each morning, she is a night owl. She took them for walks, which they love. Sabine and I took them to Toys R Us, so she could get some ideas of what they like, needless to say I don't want to repeat that again. We also celebrated all the boys' birthdays while she was here (Alex 14th, Henry and Max 22nd).

Herb and I enjoyed her visit as well. It's such a busy time of year and she was always willing to help. She was the lone present wrapper, which took hours. Thank you again Sabine for doing such a wonderful job! Herb loved the whole grain bread that she demonstrated to me how to make. He now wants me to make some every Friday! I told Sabine anyone can cook if they can read a recipe, we'll see if I have to eat my words.

Sophie loved her visit as well, and the help with the window paints that Oma gave her. I hope Sabine's view of the visit was equally as positive. When I asked her if she wanted a house full of boys, she replied, "I'm glad I don't have any children!".

We loved having her with us for Christmas and sharing the excitement of the day and the children with her. Of course we also really loved all the delicious treats she brought from Germany!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly can't remember you asked me about a house full of boys, Elizabeth. But it is truely amazing how you an Herb manage to have four children !! Compliments !

    Well, I also may add that I love the job of being an aunt: it's like being a grandma for the kids ( with treats, reading books, etc. ) only a LOT younger ! ;-)

    I truely loved my stay at your house and am happy that you loved it, too. But be careful: I might do it again pretty soon !! ;-)

    Tante Sabine

    ReplyDelete