As i step into the bathroom my bare feet are greeted by a slightly wet bathroom rug and I notice what looks like water splattered all over the toilet seat. I take a good hard look and dare I say "whiff"? Yup, just water.
"Max, get back in here!"......
"Maxi!"
......
"Max get back here right now!.... Eins, zwei..." (They know I mean business when I start counting in German and he comes running.)
"Max, why is the rug and toilet seat wet?"
"I dunno!"
"Max.... Tell me what happened!"
......
"Max, you better tell me, right now! Eins, zwei, und..." (He knows I mean business!)
"Henry did it!"
"How did he do it?"
"He stuck his feet int he toilet!"
I let him go.
He jumps, knowing he's in trouble!
"Henry! Right now!"
......
"Eins, zwei und dr...." (Yes, all my kids can count to three in German.)
Here he comes.
"Henry, how did the rug and the seat get wet?"
"I dunno."
"You better tell me!"
......
"Henry? You gotta tell me me right now! Eins, zwei..." (I really don't know how much it will help them later in life to know how to count to only three in German. I guess it's a good start, right?)
"I'm trying to remember, Daddy!"
......
(This oughta be fun.)
......
"Right now Henry!"
"It was Alex!"
......
"Are you telling me the truth, Henry? You better not be lying and blaming Baby Alex for this!"
......
"Henry? Tell me the truth, just tell me truth ok?"
With a sheepish look and a smile: "I stuck my feet in the toilet!"
"Why?"
"Cause Mike did!"......
"Who is Mike?"
"Mike, Daddy, from Monsters, Inc!"
......
????
"Well, thank you for telling me the truth, Henry. Next time don't blame your baby brother and don't do it again, ok?"
"OK!"
I always knew that little one eyed monster wouldn't make a good role model! At least Henry had clean feet (and thank Heavens the good sense to flush first!).......
but they look SO innocent! lacey
ReplyDeleteWhen is Alex going to stop being "Baby Alex"? Maybe you guys need a new baby :)
ReplyDeleteHow funny ! Thank you for my first real hard laughter today !!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it. Isn't it wonderful you have three of those at home !? ;-)
Love,
Sabine
Hahaha! Pretty funny. I can just picture the scene in my mind. It is always funnier when it is someone else's kid. At least you were able to see enough humor in it to blog about it. I love crazy kid stories.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember Mike putting his feet in the toilet?? And I don't suggest you have another baby.....you might want to die like me right now.
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA!! At least its not just my kids doing stuff like that. Aren't you scared to take a sniff? I know I have to as a parent but I am shaking with fear every time I have to.
ReplyDeletemy kids LOVE monsters too! fritz just laughs when sully thinks boo has been smashed. i don't think he understands what is happening; he just thinks it's funny that sully keeps falling down. when she was fritz's age, lily used to always laugh when the big fish gets the mom in "finding nemo". again no idea on concept, just thought that was the funniest scene because the fish jumps.
ReplyDeleteoh, and counting to three in german is a very useful skill! maybe you could teach them that beer drinking song - eins, zwei ...sofa(??) - my opa taught me that one.
ReplyDeleteHow funny. Busy kids and bathrooms always make me nervous. Just yesterday Spence poured body wash all over. It was all over the floor, the wall, his stool. I guess it could of been worse he could of stuck his foot down the toilet. :)
ReplyDeleteSo Cute! How can you get mad at that?
ReplyDeleteDying with laughter right now! I'm sorry to say that these kind of shenanigans don't cease as they get older...they just get more destructive--did I tell you have how Harrison microwaved a CD while we weren't home?
ReplyDeleteGood Luck :c)
we were checking your blog the other day and brandon saw the picture of mike. he covered up one eye and said, "i'm mike wazowski!" he made us be characters from Monsters, Inc for the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete