Thursday, May 29, 2008

Buzz Lightyear is getting fired!

Fired into space that is:

"As seven, well-trained astronauts begin an important mission to the International Space Station on Saturday, May 31, one toy astronaut, Buzz Lightyear, will begin a journey to help educate children across the country.

The liftoff of space shuttle Discovery kicks off a new education initiative between NASA and Disney Parks. A 12-inch-tall Buzz Lightyear action figure will be carried aboard the shuttle as part of the partnership to encourage students to pursue studies in science, technology and mathematics, one of NASA's main educational goals."


"Beginning Saturday, May 31, the online games featuring Buzz Lightyear will be available by visiting NASA's homepage and clicking on the box for the NASA Kids' Club."

Our boys will be so excited!

PS: Let's see if anybody can guess where the new song I added with this post comes from? I can think of at least two regulars who should have no problem.

edit: Here is the answer! Although from what I understand they re-launched the ride and no longer play this music at the finale...

PS2: I'm not gonna post the comments with potential answers about the song quite yet. I'll keep the suspense going for a couple more days, but here is one little hint: So far the answers are close, but no cigar (you're welcome, Angel)!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! NASA already has a display in the Living With the Land ride at The Land pavilion at EPCOT. It's really cool. I'll have to show this to Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me stumped. I am thinking maybe somewhere in Disney World. Maybe Space Mountain or some other ride. Maybe the movie Somewhere In Time. Let me know man, it is driving me crazy. If I loose sleep over this you will be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! toy story has been the movie of the week here a few times. we love buzz.

    anyhoo, i just sent two emails with answers again. the first was from my email account and the second was by clicking on the side bar. i hope it went through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad, our boys used to love Buzz and now there too old for it....boooo hooo. Can't they just stay little?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Spaceship Earth at Epcot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was gonna say the buzz lightyear ride or the people mover or space mountain.....but really, I have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I played this for Joseph today. His eyes lit up and he said, "Spaceship Earth!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, the song is called "Spaceship Earth Finale".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay Herb, I know I probably should of known the Spaceship Earth theme song, but in my defense, we go on that ride to take a nap in the air conditioning :c). I thought it might have been from "If I had Wings" which was what the Buzz Lightyear ride was before its current reincarnation....just a little Disney trivia.

    ReplyDelete